When people purchase old residential property, or renovate an existing one, there are a number of things that need to be kept in mind. Apart from paying heed to the renovation of the living space, it is also vital to give a new look to the kitchen as well as the bathroom. When it comes to renovating bathrooms, the cost involved can vary a lot. You can make your bathroom stylish even without pouring in a huge amount of money. All you need to do is implement some fresh and feasible ideas related to bathroom renovations.
- Ideas for Bathroom Renovations
Below are some of the simple and practical ideas that you may consider for renovating your bathroom:
- Flooring– The flooring material for the bathroom should be splendid from the perspective of offering a good grip to your feet. Do not go for flooring options on which it becomes difficult to walk, particularly when wet. You can consider the idea of wood floors, but they need to be sealed properly.
- Recess– In case you have a penchant for a classic look then going for an in-built recess can be a good idea. Adding recessed medicine cabinets, soap dishes, and toilet roll holders can make your bathroom look more organized.
- Color palette– If you want to make your bathroom look bigger, in that case, you need to consider the color spectrum of white-to-cream. This will make your bathroom look bigger.
- Lighting– It is critical to add a right amount of light in the bathroom, particularly on the ceiling. You should also add light right above the mirror. Stones meet your purpose well and brighten up the look of your bathroom. A dimly lit bathroom looks appalling.
- Bathroom fixtures– White is timeless and chromes always stay in fashion. Therefore, if you don’t want to spend again and again on renovating your bathroom then make sure the bathtub and the toilet fixtures are either in white or cream color.
- Soothing mood– Sometimes you may just want to relax in the bathtub, keeping your eyes closed. For such situations, make sure your bathroom is equipped with a dimmer switch. You can add this simple device to your bathroom and enhance its functionality.
- Hangers– Rather than including countertops in your bathroom for placing clothes or towels, you can attach hooks to the walls on the back side of the door. This will help you save a lot of space, which can be used for many other purposes. If you browse through the websites of home renovation products, you will come across a wide range of hooks, and therefore you can choose them according to the theme of your bathroom’s design.
- Decorative element– So, when you have more space regarding the surface area in your bathroom, you can use it for including items like a decorative chair or a small but beautiful cupboard. By incorporating such pieces, you can make your bathroom look more beautiful.
- Mirrors– Apart from the obvious purpose of looking oneself, the mirrors can be used for many other reasons. As a matter of fact, they can enhance the aesthetic quotient of your bathroom by making it more visually appealing. You can include two mirrors in your bathroom.
So, those were some of the ideas you can incorporate when doing bathroom renovations. In addition to them, there are many more concepts available, such as wall protection, bead board, etc. For more details, you can search through the reliable online portals, to get more ideas for bathroom renovations.
Joseph Webb is an excellent blogger and philosopher, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more idea. He can be found on Facebook, Google+ and on Twitter as @aussiesmag.