Google, a known global trendsetter in workplace design has leased a massive square feet of office space from real estate developer Unitech in Signature Towers II in Gurgaon.
The $400 billion search giant, known to be extremely finicky when choosing working spaces for its employees, has decided to take up about 1,60,000 square feet of space across eight floors in Unitech Signature Towers II, Gurgaon, a world class corporate office development by Unitech Limited, India’s leading real estate player.
With its quirky settings and colourful ambience, Google’s office is designed to promote fun-filled innovation. Google’s offices globally are designed to promote a culture of brainstorming.
- Architect Callison from Seattle, USA envisioned modern, efficient and state-of-the art technology Commercial Office Complex Project is on the most recognized location- National Highway 8.
- The project integrates two separate office blocks into one single cohesive structure with each block having separate entries but a single core and lobby.
- The building is oriented in North-South (long axis) direction to minimize direct penetration of sunlight and yet get maximum daylight work environment.
- The front end of the building mass is aligned parallel to the National Highway 8 responding to streetscape.
- The massing of the building is a composition of two interlocking forms. The centre cores are arranged such that when two blocks join at center, the common facilities integrate the blocks as well as create a beautiful composition of solids with voids.
The shingled façade curtain wall system overlaps one another aesthetically as well as creates an intelligent element to cut off the bright daylight giving a beautiful blend of form and function helping the building to get the desired LEED GOLD certification
Here is the sneak peak into Google’s Gurgaon Office. See Inside Pics:
Unitech Signature Tower-II
Tower B, Sector 15
Part-II Village Silokhera, NH 8
Gurgaon – 122001, India