Café blinds are typically referred to a hard treatment built from vanes and slats, which can be adjusted by a wand, remote control, or a manual pull cord. Café blinds are very flexible; the slats can stay very tightly closed in order to ensure privacy, control light (slant open to allow the right amount of light that is required). When these blinds are stacked at the top of the windows by pulling up, this provides an unobstructed view to the user. The number of choices for window café blinds has increased drastically over the years. Having so many options are a blessing for many people as well as a bane for some people who often get confused on what is right for them.
Some tips have been listed below for selecting the right café blinds for your needs.
- One of the first things that you need to consider is the width of the slat. Café blinds typically come in three standard sizes: ½ inch, 1 inch and 2 inches. The 1/2 -inch slat is the most used slat because it gives a contemporary feel to the binds. The 1-inch version is somewhere in between the narrowest and the widest blinds. Since these blinds require very less labor for manufacturing, they are less expensive when compared to the cost of ½-inch slats.
- People who prefer old-school slats usually go for the 2-inch slats, which are very like the old-style Venetian blinds. These blinds can be either arranged horizontally or vertically depending upon the specific requirements. Because vertical blinds can be stacked off to the side instead at the top of the window, these blinds are used for wide windows or sliding glass doors. It is good to keep in mind that an aluminum vertical blind improves the beauty and elegance of the whole setup. It provides a level of sophistication to the windows and works well in modern environments.
- Vertical blinds these days are available in the market in a wide variety of materials and so the users need to consider the material that is best suited for them.
- If the user is looking for a long-term, classic blind that will neither disenchant a buyer or become old, he/she should go for a neutral color that is very close to the color of the window trim. This is a tried-and-tested approach and the blind should rarely be used to determine the room’s palette.
- Another decision that needs to be taken with respect to café blinds is how the blinds should be raised and lowered. Should it be Bottom-up? Should it be top-down? Or should it be a combination of both? Light factors and privacy should play a crucial role when making this decision.
Wood blinds; even the artificial ones are a popular choice for the cafe blinds. When compared to aluminum, wood brings an organic and softer look to the windows. One thing you need to keep in mind here is that artificial wood has advantages over the natural wood. The artificial wood is very inexpensive and can resist moisture. Hence, artificial woods make a good choice for bathrooms, washrooms, cold climates, and kitchens. If the user is looking to purchase a painted blind, it is recommend going for artificial wood itself because it is very hard to tell the difference.
Wood blinds are often given some kind of decorative cloth-face tape. The tape is provided to discourage unwelcome peeping Toms. It is often recommended that the user choose the least intrusive tape as possible. Woven woods are provided in different styles that include reeds, grasses, jute, and bamboo. It must be noted that bamboo is a sustainable product. So, when going for the café blinds make sure to consider the above mentioned points in order to get the one that not only serves the purpose but also enhances your property.
Molly Crowe, an expert and empower blogger. I have written blog in concern such as: Business, Health, Home Improvements, Automotive, Locksmith, Gardening and Lifestyle. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter!